Transferring files from Android to Apple devices can’t be done in a regular way. Instead, you will need extra steps to do.
So, how to transfer photos from Android to Mac using USB?
A wired USB connection is still a major option for copying files from different devices. In this tutorial, I’ll show you how to connect an Android phone to Apple’s Mac or MacBook device, especially using a wired protocol.
Method 1 – Android File Transfer
- Download Android File Transfer and install it to your Mac.
- Connect Android phone to the Mac with USB charger cable
- Open Mac Finder and select Android File Transfer on the drives list
- Double click on Android drive icon
- Now, you can copy videos through iMovie or photos via iPhoto
Method 2 – Image Capture
- Connect the Android to the Mac with a USB cable
- Run Image Capture program which can be found in the /Applications/folder
- Select your Android phone under Devices section on the left bar Image Capture
- Select photo destination on your Android phone
- When done, click Import All to transfer all selected pictures to the desired location
Method 3 – MicroSD
- If the photos already in MicroSD storage, remove it from the Android phone
- Attach the MicroSD with a card reader (MicroSD to USB adapter) / SDXC adapter
- Connect it to the Mac device via USB port / SDXC adapter
- Launch Mac Finder and you can transfer photos like the usual way
- After finished, detach the MicroSD and put it back on the Android phone
Using a USB cable is excellent in terms of speed. But wireless file transfer is still the most convenient way of transferring files.