On multiple monitors system, there’s a good chance you accidentally leave the main program because of the unintentional click. Not only that, sometimes it won’t let you play video games in fullscreen since the pointer movement affects other screens as well.
To prevent a problem like that, you can lock the mouse (pointer) on a specific screen, so it won’t move too far to other screens.
So, how to restrict mouse pointer in Windows 10? What’s the effect, and what program you should use? Check out the following guide!
How to lock the mouse to a specific screen
Time Needed : 5 minutes
In this guide, you will learn how to keep the mouse's pointer inside just one monitor on Windows 10 using free third-party software. You will still able to move the pointer between screens by pressing a certain keyboard button. Even better, the software itself can run on startup and hide under the system tray.
- Download Mouse Trapper via CNET or Softpedia.
- Run the Mouse Trapper program.
- You will see a welcome screen. Just click Continue.Advertisement
- Mouse Trapper is a freemium software, but you can always use the free version by clicking Cancel Registration.
- You will see there are plenty of options you can modify according to your needs. At this point, Mouse Trapper has enabled.
- Try to move the pointer between screens to see how it is going.
- Windows 10
- Mouse Trapper
- Mouse pointer
I have tried other software like Cursor Lock and Dual Monitor Tools, but none of them can work on my device. Perhaps there’s a compatibility issue with the current version of Windows 10. But, it’s safe to say that Mouse Trapper is the most convenient option and has fairly easy to customize with some decent features.
To be fair, Mouse Trapper itself often offers you to purchase the Pro version which is a bit annoying. But if you are interested in the premium features, there is no harm to buy and actually supports the developer behind it.
What do you think about Mouse Trapper? Does it work as you expected?
Also, check out my previous article about How to Disable Touchpad in Windows 10 to prevent accidental click.