Portable Document Format or PDF for short is the most popular e-book extension initiated by Adobe Corporation. It designed to be a rich, lightweight, and logical structure document that easy to read. In some occasions, you probably need to convert PDF to Microsoft Word Document (DOC/DOCX), for example, to edit the document directly.
Converting PDF to Word has been offered by Adobe Acrobat Pro, but it requires $14,99/month and seems not fair price considering if you are not regularly using the service. There is bunch document converter service available online, and most of them limited by document size, page limit, or even required registration.
As I mention it in the title “convert PDF to word without additional software,” I admit it slightly misleading. I mean, you still need software, like operating system and browser. In this case, we are going to take advantage of one of the most popular Google services.
How to convert PDF to Word using Google Document
1. First, log in to your Google account and go to Google Drive. Upload the desired PDF document onto it by drag and drop or file explorer option.
2. Once it uploaded, right-click on the document, select Open With, choose Google Docs. It will lead you to Google Document service.
3. After that, you will see the PDF document is editable. At this section, you can modify the document without major offline software like Microsoft Word. Google Docs still going pretty well for the essential editing.
4. Once you finished, click File, select Download as, and pick Microsoft Word (.docx). You also free to choose another format as well.
5. The file should be immediately downloaded and now totally in Microsoft Word format.
Why using Google service?
While many document converter service focuses on its own business, Google is rich service you can use. Google Documents capable of rendering image-based content on PDF into text format, this feature usually dubbed as OCR. Thankfully, it has no limitation and free, forever.
Hence, instead of using the PDF reader, DOCX reader, or document converter from different services, why not to pick the all-in-one platform, such as Google Documents?
That’s it! I hope you found this article helps you.
Any suggestions or questions would be appreciated 😀