Have you ever visit Yahoo! for checking mail but suddenly get distracted by its news section?
Instead of checking email for five minutes, you might end up reading a clickbait news for thirty minutes – an unproductive activity you suppose to avoid.
Luckily, there are some ways to not get distracted by Yahoo! News. You can remove that tempting section by using a simple Chrome extension and it turns out, it is so effective.
This is how the Yahoo! homepage looks like after you followed this guide.
How to remove the News section on Yahoo! desktop
Time Needed : 3 minutes
In this tutorial, we are going to use CSS code and the help of a specific extension to run that code. That way, the Yahoo! News section will disappear once the page loaded.
- Go to User CSS' Chrome Webstore page and click Add to Chrome to install the extension.
- Next, click Add extension to confirm.
- After the extension installed, go to Yahoo! homepage.
- Now, click on the User CSS icon next to the address bar.
- It will pop up a new CSS editor windows. Just select ON.
- Copy and paste this code, then click on the User CSS icon again to close.
- Finally, you would see the Yahoo! homepage become like this.
- Google Chrome
- Internet connection
Meanwhile, if you are using Firefox you can install an add-on named Modus. And for Opera users can use AddCSS. The CSS code would be the same, no matter what browser is being used.
Make sure you not installing too much extension on the browser or it would be run really slow. Check out 7 tips that actually make Chrome consume less memory.
An alternative way to avoid Yahoo! News
Rather than visiting Yahoo! homepage, you directly visit its mailbox page to avoid the news section by using this URL http://mail.yahoo.com/d/.
I’d like to recommend you bookmarking that URL (CTRL+D) so the browser would automatically suggest the URL every time you type “yahoo” on the address bar.
So, that is it! It was in my opinion, the easiest way to not get distracted by Yahoo! News. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to use the comment section below!