For security and privacy concerns, you may want to hide certain folders and files from unauthorized access. Luckily, The latest Windows versions have that feature.
Here's how to hide a folder or file that can be applied on Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
- Locate the folder you want to hide.
- Right-click on it, then select Properties.
- Check on the Hidden option, click OK.
- Now the folder/file is hidden.Advertisement
- To see the hidden folder/file, go to the View menu.
- Check on Hidden items.
- Now the hidden folder/file can be seen again.
The folder icon may look a bit transparent, but it still act like a normal folder and would function normally, except it’s a little hard to find.
You may also exclude certain folders from Windows Search and enable automatic lock on Windows 10 with an Android phone when you are away. Hence, other people can’t just access your personal computer.